Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

My first few days here...

Alright, I've had a long day, but I'm finally ready to settle down and tell you guys what I've been up too. After writing my last post I went off and cleaned so more. I don't want to clean or settle in too much because I'm going to be changing apartments. Then I met up with the rest of the teachers and we were shown how to get to the school. I didn't get breakfast because I didn't feel hungry at all. In school they showed us to our desk, showed us our classrooms, and told us what books we were going to use, who our students will be, and all that kind of information. It was very well organized, and everyone was very nice and friendly.
We got to school about 10am, and then left about 6pm, and then went back to our places. Then we met up for dinner, ate at a very close pasta place, and came back. I turned on my skype to talk with friends and family back home, then passed out. I wasn't allowed to eat after 8pm because we had to get our medical checkups for our alien registration cards today. I tried to drink lots of water so I would be well hydrated.
We all met up in the morning and walked over to the hospital for the tests. We had to pay for our own tests, but it wasn't too bad, only about 116.00.
The medical test was very very basic, they had a dentist check out our teeth, they tested our eyesight, weight, height, chest size, took an xray of our chests, and did some blood work and a urine sample, and tested our blood pressure. Those poor nurses were really confused about how to do my blood pressure because they didn't own a cuff big enough for my arm. It's a hospital, but I'm just way to big. The nurse who had to find my vein tried in my arm for like, 1 sec, then went strait to my hand. she got it done like the pro she is, I liked her.
After that, we ate at dunken donuts, which was good. The coffee was really weak, but I got a hot bagel which was good. You grab what you want out of the case then bring it up to buy.
After breakfast we went to E-Mart and shoped for things we need. I was able to get a sewing kit, as my button fell off my coat (so sad!). I also got shower shoes, and some laundry detergent. I didn't buy anything else because I don't want to get too much stuff before I move.
So after that I came strait home, and am now relaxing a little before I clean up and put away the new stuff I bought, and I'll just post the video's I took down below.

I took all of these with my Ipod, and I haven't edited anything.
The drive to my aparment


My apartment for the next couple of days



No comments:

Post a Comment