Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Christmas Day!

Hello All!

So I don't have a bunch of presents but I did have a good adventure out in Korea today.  Hopped on the subway with my friend Angelica and we traveled about. I don't do very well with constant walking, so I'm super super tired!

Went out early in the morning to Hongdae and got my hair cut at Juno Hair.

Juno Hair is a place many foreigners all said "if you get your hair done you MUST GO here!!" Back home, to get a haircut can be pretty expensive. Here in Korea, it can be super cheap (like 8,000) or super expensive. At Juno I got a free drink (lemon tea soooo good) consultation with a stylist, shampoo, head massage, cut, and style, for 25,000. That would have cost me WAY more back home. Also, you can't tip. So there is not an extra cost to this, that was the cost.

The exact location I went to was
Mapo-gu, Seoul, Seogyo 358-2 brisket Building 3rd floor Juno Hair
Now, they didn't speak the best English at this location, but they were very nice and took good care of me. You may want to look at the site to check out different locations (helps if you read Korean, or look up a translation of city names) and call them to check if they have someone who speaks English if you want something very detailed.



We stopped briefly at a coffee shop afterwords, I needed to relax. Getting my hair cut makes me tense cause I can't see without my glasses on. 

Next we went out and got a very good soup! I really liked it. Sadly, while I would recognize the name if I saw it again, I cannot for the life of me remember exactly what it was called. Started with an S.


After that we headed out to Myeong-dong.  Here we visited the Myeong-dong Cathedral. There are different ways to get there, we got off at Euljiro Ipgu Subway station and followed the signs, it was labeled in the subway. There are more directions listed on the Korea Tourism Website. It was a beautiful Gothic church, I enjoyed the simple Gothic architecture and its Latin cross from. The detail work in the glass windows was beautiful. The brickwork is very well done as well. The floor tiles are ugly and don't match, I assume there must have been an update too them. They are hideous. However, It is a beautiful place to worship. They have an English mass at 9am on Sundays I read on a pamphlet while I was there. However, that could change so if you want to find out more you should go to their website .

After that it was more subway, another coffee shop, a ride out to Apojong and then seeing some Christmas lights. I also broke my Ipod touch! soo... yeah that sucked a little. I knew I should have got a new case, but... it is too late. So I am looking into getting that repaired.

here is a small video I made, and everyone, have yourselves a happy holiday of your own!






No comments:

Post a Comment