Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Packing

So I'm boxing up my life, packing away what's staying, and what is going to go with me to Korea.
A lot of what I need I can just buy there, so I've been looking at lists of what to bring. I'm going to make a list of what I'm bringing, so that later I'll be able to see what I'd wished I'd brought. Cause I just know I'm going to get there and be like "why didn't I just bring that!" Of course I can always have it shipped to me but that isn't the point. The point is to be prepared! I don't need to have Illidan's voice stuck in my head.

Who wants that?

so my packing is ongoing, and this list will grow because, well, I'm not prepared. (shut UP Illidan).
anyhoodles, to the list!
first, how much space do I have to pack?
I bougt new luggage for this, because I only owned a carry on bag that was definatly not enough space. I figured it was worth the expense so I went out on the Black Friday sales and got a 5 piece set of TAG Fairfield luggage. I got it for $50.00 about on the sale, so I thought it was an ok price. 

Documents! everything I need to prove I'm me, and everything I'm told to bring. I will have copies here in the states as well. 
Some fun things to show the kids over in Korea. Small games that can be packed away.

Electronics: DS lite, Kindle, Laptop, Ipod.
my ball jointed doll. that's right, Rae is coming with me. Just him and like, 1 outfit though, not his entire wardrobe and accessories. 

Clothes~ I'm a bigger girl so I figure it isn't going to be easy to find the clothing I need when I'm there. So I'm bringing about 2 weeks worth of clothing with me. 1 casual week, 1 business casual. That is going to take up a good chunk of my packing space, but better to be safe then sorry clothes are necessary! I'm also going to bring a hat, scarf, and gloves cause the weather is like it is here in Minnesota, cold in the winter. I need winter and summer wear, and I can't decide which coat to bring... my big one practically takes up its own suitcase, so i could wear it on the plane, but then... its warm. First world problem I guess. 

Bedding~ for this, I'm bringing:
1 pillow, because I want it
2 set of sheets, because I don't know if I'll have time to go shopping and I guess its not easy to find. 
1 blanket
all of this is going into a vacuum sealed bag that I bought to squish them as tight as possible. I'm willing to abandon the pillow, as if I have to I can squish up the blanket to work as a blanket/pillow or use some clothes for that the first night if I can't buy one.

makeup~I don't use it much, and the stuff I have has lasted me over a year already, and takes up a super tiny little bag that fits in my purse. Figure just in case I need it.
SUNSCREEN. because I burn. 

Medicine. I'm only able to get a 3 month supply, so i'm going to have to have it shipped to me or figure out how to get my prescription transferred to Korea. I think I'd be easier to ship, and possibly cheaper. 

Bathroom stuff: 
1 roll of toilet paper to last me until I am able to go shopping. 
toothbrush, toothpaste, floss. Just enough to get by until I can pick up more. 
1 bottle each of Nioxin scalp therapy. When I change shampoo and conditioner it can cause me to have dandruff, I'd rather go with what I know works on my head instead of looking funny. Shedding flakes isn't professional looking.
1 bottle of lotion to hold me over until I can buy more. I'm told its super dry because of all the indoor heating. 
2 towels because apparently they don't have towels like ours in Korea, so I shall bring them.
a years supply deodorant... which is how much? I'm guessing like, 4 sticks? If I run low I can always have more shipped to me. I was told this is hard to get.

Food: just a couple of things, like some mac and cheese, maybe a can of beef stew. Pretty much whatever I can fit in that doesn't put me over the weight allowance if I have more room. 

I was going to try to bring an inflatable couch, but decided against it. Needed the room for the clothes. 
I was thinking about buying from this site http://www.thearrivalstore.com/ to make things easier as well. Then I don't have to do as much with the bedding... gotta finish figuring out what I want and see if it fits.

there has been a couple blogs that have helped me learn more about korea, and my favorite is
http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/korea-faq/

Major help! This is all for today, back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment