Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting started on my Journey

Hello All!

I'm sure the only people reading this are my friends and family that I've told about it, so that they can learn of my time in Korea. I have been told that a blog is the easiest way to keep everyone informed about whats going on in my life without have to tell them all individually. Though most likely, I'll still take the time to tell them individually, so if this will really save time remains to be seen.

I have wanted to teach in Korea since college, but I never thought I'd actually go through with it. However, after working a steady, well paying job, settling into my adult life, after looking for houses, I couldn't help but think... is this it?

I thought I was ready to settle down, and be happy... but yet, I felt antsy. Insecure. I didn't know what I really wanted, I was just striving towards what I thought I should do next to settle down even further. However, the harder I strived for that goal, the more uneasy I was. So, I decided, why not look into Korea again? I still loved Korean culture, food, music, architecture... why not try to go there? Or if not Korea, go somewhere else that I can work, live a different way, and maybe find out more what I wanted. I don't have to settle down yet, I'm still young. Though I'm getting older all the time, and I spent all those years when you are allowed to go gallivanting around getting myself settled early, so I'm short on my years of frivolousness. Though how frivolous it is to go and find work in the country I wish to explore ... I digress. I'll tend to go on tangents.

So, after long thought, I started to do research. Eventually, I decided to apply, for what could applying hurt? I researched recruiters and applied through teacheslkorea.com. They have been wonderful. Very helpful, making sure I have everything ready, and helped me find a school.

Now I have everything finalized. My school has been decided, my visa arranged, my ticket purchased. I have  a departure date! I have my accounts setup to travel, I have a going away party ahead of me, and am finishing getting things ready to pack.

I guess I just wanted to start this and have it ready for me before I go, because I'm sure once I get there I'll be very busy and it will be a lot easier to just type in than to have to create it.

I will also be doing a vlog, because then I can do on the fly updates when I don't feel like typing, or when video is better to use.



1 comment:

  1. Please don't forget about your blog, Goss Goss. I, for one, am really interested in what it's like over there!

    ReplyDelete