Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mudflat trip!

There is a non profit organization called Manam that holds classes in Korean, and Korean cultural classes. I went on a cultural class trip out to the mudflats on Moido Island.

short version: We took the bus, then the subway, then the bus, then walked, then took a ferry, then walked for miles and figured out it was in the wrong direction, then took the car to the right place, then hung out on the beach and raced in the mud, did a treasure hunt, got caught by the tide, and then walked up a giant hill, everyone else had no problem but I almost passed out, the put me in the car, then we did the walking and the ferry and the bus and the subway and the bus and then walked home and I took a shower and my feet had cuts and I passed out. It was fun.

Full Album
Long version!

So First we all met up at the train station and took the subway out to the Incheon Airport, and from there we took the bus out to the ferry dock, where we had to walk across the road. Here is a video of some of that walk across that road/bridge.



Then onto the Ferry:





Then we walked for hours in the wrong direction, here are some picks:


Then they got the car for us and drove us to the place here is a video I made:


Then we played in the mud:


Then we did the treasure Hunt:


Then we got drenched when the tide came in and we had to cross the little rock bridge again but it was now under water. After that they fed us Ramen and I bought a beer and here is what it looked like when the tide came in:


Then here are some pictures of the segals which I thought were brave coming so close to us:



and then we were told at 6pm that the last ferry off the island left at 7pm, so we had to leave. We didn't actually leave until 6:30, and they tried to rush us up this giant hill to get back out. Which, after an entire day of activity, I just wasn't able to handle, and almost passed out. Me being the only one who wasn't able to handle the day sucked for me, everyone was really nice but I felt crappy that I wasn't healthy enough to do it all like they could. So they got me into the car quickly and then we somehow managed to all get to the ferry on time. After that we just all walked back across the bridge, then took the bus, then subway, then the bus, and then I crawled home took a shower. Because at this point I was covered in mud and sweat and seawater and wasn't smelling or looking too pretty. Also, my feet had cuts from the shells in the mudflat

pictures:





So I had a great time and met a bunch of new, fun people. There were some problems with it not quite going as planned, but the only real problem I had was from my own lack of health. Next time I hope to do better, and I plan on taking more of the cultural classes and Korean classes that Manam offers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment