Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve in South Korea

Hello everyone!

Christmas in South Korea isn't the same as Christmas back home. A lot of Koreans don't celebrate Christmas. While it is celebrated in Schools like mine which focus on learning about foreign cultures and languages, it isn't everywhere. That said, it is still marketed and there are sales and decorations for the holidays. Just not to the degree I am used to back home.

The Christmas season so far hasn't really been a huge season, not a lot of build up. So it felt like it just sprang upon me in the middle of work. I knew the holiday was almost here, but BAM here it is.

This makes me feel bad because all my presents are still sitting down on my windowsill and not... in boxes shipping to or already with my friends back home.  However I blame the postal office for only being open exactly when I am at work. Also my lack of desire to skip lunch. I like lunch.

We had a lot of fun at school today, taking pictures, having "Santa" visit, giving gifts, a music contest. Sadly, I don't even have one picture because I was too busy the entire day to use my camera. I didn't have one break, hardly even ate my precious lunch. Just go go go. Then it went strait into Elementry which still had full classes plus we had to squeeze in time for a snack party so that was also just go go go.

Afterwhich, I treated my lovely friends to delicious, delicious Galbi as a christmas present, and then we all went out to Noribang and sang Christmas Carols. It was super fun, and relaxing. Especially after all the hard work of the day!

So now I snuggle into bed, refusing to turn on my heater because it costs too much (woot 3 plankets and sleeping in pants and 2 sweaters.)

I have plans to have a great Christmas tomorrow, and will bring you more pictures!


Merry Christmas! Or happy holidays. 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Are you getting snow? We got snow here in Seoul. It's only a light dusting so far, but it is really pretty. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments (on blog and youtube). I'd love to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would also love to keep in touch. We do have some snow coming in supposed to be more tomorrow. I hope we can Do you have an ipod touch or smart phone here? There is an app everyone uses called Kakao talk where you can text and call for free through it.

      Delete