Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Haircut

Today I got a haircut. I walked into the local Emart, and went into the salon they have their.

The first thing I have to say is that the koreans kinda freaked out. They hairdressers all stared and were shaking their heads. Then one came over to me and tried talking to me in korean, of which I know very little.

now, before I did this, I was prepared. kinda.

i said no appointment in horrible korean, kinda just like aneyo yagsog (약속). I had no idea how to make and appointment! then they sat me down to wait.

It wasn't a long wait, about 5 min, before one of the hairstylists came over and touched my hair and spoke some more. He waved his hands about so I got that he was asking me what I wanted.

Now, I really had no idea how to say this in korean and didn't look it up, but I just wanted a trim. so I said "trim" and then put my fingers about an inch apart on my hair, and made a motion like scissors. His face showed a kinda relief that I wanted something simple and he sat me down.

of course I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see what was going on during it, but I could feel it. He did a great job, making sure to cut all my different layers, and took great care to straighten it and make it look very pretty. It was kinda a waste because it was raining out so my hair immediately curled and got all wavy as soon as I left, but I took a picture beforehand.

before



after!

1 comment:

  1. It looks super nice, I would have been nervous too. :-)

    ReplyDelete