Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Acupuncture

So I was out walking in Korea, and they are fixing all the streets.

And when they fix the streets they put down these cloths on top, and sometimes you have to walk across to be able to get where you are going. well, I did, and happend to walk into a hole, and hurt my ankle. I went to the doctor, and he said it was just my weight making it hurt, which I didn't think was the case because my other ankle doesn't hurt, just this one, and in just the one spot. So it was highly recommended to me to go see an acupuncturist.

An acupuncturist eh? I said, and was like "why not? doesn't hurt to try I guess" anything to be better. So off I went with my Korean friend to help assist me on this new medical journey. The place was very nice, and they helped me figure out my insurance (so far my school had made every doctor appointment and I've only had to pay a tiny amount, I never had to figure out any insurance stuff.) It cost me a whopping 8,000 won to get it done.

Overall, the appointment took about an hour and a half. I had a meeting with the doctor, who spoke some english, but my friend was translating so I don't know how well he actually spoke.
Then we went to the back of the place and they sat me on a table and did some tests, which hurt in only the places I had said where hurting. Then the doctor came over and talked, and I was like "when is he gonna put the needles in he's just tapping my leg?" and go figure, that tapping was him putting them in!

All told he put in 7 needles, we got permission to take one picture.

After the needles, they did two more things, another one with electricity where they had these little suction pads, and then another one where they did a light cut on my foot then had a tube that they created a vacuum with around the cut. I just laid there between these, they gave each time, I'm not sure how much for each.

Then they tapped up my foot, gave me some icky tea to drink, and told me to come back for more treatments, about 4 or 5.

Overall, it was pretty easy, at this time I don't feel any different after the treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment