Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

about packing

When I was starting my journey to come here I did a lot of research about what to pack. I tried to pack carefully, and I find I didn't do a good enough job.

Things I brought I'm really thankful for:
Sheets. It's hard to get sheets like I'm used to back home.
Deodorant:  I have found some now that summer has hit, but it's very pricy.
Cameras
ipod


Things I wish I'd brought more of:
More clothes! I defiantly didn't bring enough clothes.
Medecine: I keep getting sick here
Vitamins: haven't been able to find a good multivitamin
Toys/learning games: It's hard to find them in english here and they are cheap back home, I should have brought more for the kids.
Pictures of my family


Solution to my problem: It costs, but I have asked my friends back home to purchase what I need and send it too me.

Stuff I didn't need to bring with me, or should have just brought a smaller amount cause they have it and it isn't too expensive:
shampoo/conditioner
sunblock
first aid kit



I don't think there is anything I just didn't bring, it's more that I didn't bring enough of what I need.

Things that I've had to buy here
bath stuff
cleaning stuff
shelves
pots/pans/dishes
fan
Computer: my laptop died here so I bought a new computer. Computers here are EXPENSIVE. I sugest that if you think there is anything wrong with the computer you have make sure it works well before you get here!
hair dryer
curing iron
makeup (I have been able to find my color here!)
Shoes: I wear a size 7 1/2 to 8, which I can find here. its a 245 or 250 here.


So that's an update about how successful/unsuccessful my packing job was. I don't think I did a horrible  job, but I defiantly needed more clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment